Since our creation, Greater Rochester Robotics has been dedicated to spreading FIRST® throughout our community. Exposing students to the FIRST® program as early as possible is one way in which we do this. Spreading FIRST® LEGO® League helps us to not only build robots but build character. Below are descriptions of the various things we do to accomplish this.
- FIRST® LEGO® League Qualifier
- Donating Competition Fields to local teams and potential teams
- Over 700 hours of mentoring each year
- Volunteering at the FIRST® LEGO® League Regional Event at the University of Rochester
- NXT Clinics
- Hosted FLL exhibition at the 2005-2012 FIRST Finger Lakes Regional Competition
- Summer Camp focusing on the previous year’s FIRST® LEGO® League Competition